Dec 15, 2009

Something that makes me happy

After talking with Andy the other night and getting an encouraging email from him yesterday afternoon, I'm feeling much better.

It's funny how the next day, looking back, things don't seem as bad as you made them out to be. This is just another reason why Andy is so right for me. He is so calm!! I'm not saying that if an emergency happened, I would lose all sense of myself and not be able to handle it. But I am saying that I tend to make a bigger deal out of the little things and I get myself all upset. Andy is such a good counter balance to me.

Anyway, I decided to cheer myself up even further. What better way to do that, than to organize!! Yes, people. Organizing cheers me up. You have no idea, how happy it makes me.

Anyway, I took to the pantry. (Which, btw, is just a bookshelf set up in the kitchen. It works for us, though.)




So I set to work color coding and alphabetizing the cans of soup.




Just kidding. I didn't color code or alphabetize. But I did set everything in order. And I felt quite satisfied with myself when it was finished.

I also had to share with you the curtains I made for the shelf system a couple months ago. I wanted something that wasn't going to look too makeshift and would fit in with the rest of the room. Also- it had to be green, of course.



Isn't that fabric so cute!



So what do you think? I still need to create some sort of ties, so we can tie it off if we want. But for now, it serves the purpose of hiding our food mess.



I feel bad though, because I wasn't smart enough to take them down before we started pouring concrete for our new counter tops. Now the bottoms of the curtains are splashed with little dots of concrete. Oops!

Anyone know if concrete will wash out? Oh well. I can always sew some more if I can't get them clean.

PS- Sorry for the crappy photos. I really need to take a photography class.


Photo spotted on Brown Button and was just what I needed to read today.

1 comments:

Heather

I don't think concrete washes out as far as I have seen however I could be wrong... I do love the curtains though! You're so creative and that looks amazing! :)

P.S. You can come organize my life any time. :)

Post a Comment