Dec 13, 2009

I'm crying 'UNCLE!!'

Alright, I usually try to see the positive in all things and stay upbeat no matter what goes down in my life. But this week has been the week from hell and although I've tried to keep it on a lighter note and just stay happy, I'm starting to crack.

When it rains, it pours? Well, this week has been a complete tsunami for me. I've been as strong as I can be, but I think I'm going to allow myself to just lose it and have a good cry.

I talked to my mom tonight and she says I need to stop being so hard on myself and stop working myself in to the ground. Easier said than done. But she's right. We're midway through December and I haven't done any enjoying of the Christmas season at all aside from hastily putting up the Christmas tree.

I'm totally sympathizing with Kim from PCL and her dog, Rocky, right about now, because I came home from work to find that my dog has a gaping wound in her side. This is just six months after the last gaping wound she had. Both of which, we have no idea where they came from.

The first time this happened, it resulted in three sets of stitches (all of which she managed to rip out,) twice a week vet visits for two months straight and two months of 'cone head', bandages and wound cleaning. Finally six months, several thousand tears and a couple thousand dollars later, she healed up.

Now, here we are again. And this is just the culmination of a weeks worth of crap like this happening to me.

I guess tomorrow will have to be reserved for damage control. It will involve a trip to the vet, reassessing my budget, and rethinking my job situation.

I don't know how much more of this I can take and I can usually handle a quite a bit.

3 comments:

Heather

AWW sorry to hear things are going like that for you. I hope things get fixed up with Ash too. BOO!!! I must agree that this holiday season is not much of a holiday. I don't have any decorations up and just haven't felt it at all. Joe and I have money but we don't want to spend a lot on the off chance they lay off folks at his work. It's crap! I do hope that we can still get into the holiday spirit and make it through though. Definitely reevaluate where you're going and what you're doing and prioritize. If it's worth it you'll make it through. Short term sacrifice for long term gain. :) In MK they would always say give up the day at the beach to one day own the beach. I know you'll make good choices and get the career and life you want. HUGS!!!

Unknown

oh no! i hope everything starts getting better!!

Krystyna Lizabeth.

oh no. my thoughts are with you.

Post a Comment