What's on my mind today? A little bit of this, a little bit of that...
- It never ceases to amaze me how many people actually believe that the whole world wants to hear their personal phone conversation and therefore, answer their phones in inappropriate areas and talk as loudly as possible. Inconsiderate people are a huge pet peeve of mine.
- My Grandma's christmas party is tonight and I'm supposed to bring a veggie tray. Yesterday I braved the crowds of people at the store and picked up everything I needed. As soon as I got home I realized I forgot the sour cream to mix with the veggie dip. Grrr. That always happens to me!
- As I sit here at work at 8am, I'm feeling quite grateful that the 12 hour overtime was called off last night at job #2 and I managed to get home by 2 am and get a little bit of sleep before having to be here this morning.
- Nothing could bring me down now after I've discovered that my job graciously gave me this Saturday off so Andy and I could attend a friend's party AND they graciously gave me Christmas day off. Well, I better not say 'nothing' and I better knock on wood real quick.
- Ash seems to be functioning quite fine with a gaping hole in her side. We still don't know exactly what happened but we're obediently feeding her the prescribed medication and doing what we can to nurse her back to health.
- FINALLY!! Our kitchen countertops are finished. Okay, not all the way finished. There's one tiny little section that still needs concrete but enough is finished to be a cause for celebration. Seriously folks, the kitchen remodel has me at the end of my rope so every little step towards victory makes me cry a few happy tears.
- 8 days until Christmas! Holy wow! Where did the time go? I keep making a mental tally of the gifts I got for Andy and feeling like it's not enough. He has a talent for gift giving. I've never been disappointed with what he's given me and have frequently been surprised at the things he's thought to give me. Me, on the other hand, I struggle with finding the perfect gift. So now I'm feeling a bit of anxiety regarding what I chose to get him and worrying that he'll think my gifts are lame.
- With all this overtime I've been working, I should have a decent paycheck coming up. Which means: pay off the little bit that remains on my last credit card (hallelujiah,) go to the dentist (no dental insurance or health insurance for that matter really bites,) go to the eye doctor (because I'm tired of alternating between my glasses and contacts just trying to make my contacts last a little longer,) and put the rest aside to be used when we go to Vegas this march!!! woo hoo!
So that pretty much sums up the corners of my mind today. What's on your mind?