Dec 21, 2010

Thank you

Yesterday Andy and I spent the night watching The Muppet Christmas Carol and relaxing. I can't believe Christmas is just days away. Time goes so quickly-especially when you're busy. This week will be the busiest yet. Projects to finish at work, family Christmas parties, my sister's birthday and lots of fun planned. I'm excited for it all.

When I left the house for work this morning, there was just a light dusting of snow on the ground. It looked so pretty and it gave me the happiest feeling.



Since I didn't do this at Thanksgiving, I thought now would be the perfect time. As the year comes to an end, there are so many things that I have to be thankful for.

-I'm thankful for Andrew. I can't imagine my life without him. He is the most patient and loving man I've ever known. He puts up with my quirks, loves my Ashland and Mauney, and makes every day better than the one before.

-I'm thankful for my family who are always there for me at the drop of a hat, if I need them. We have each others backs and through the years we've been shoulders for each other to lean on. I'm thankful for all my mom did as we were growing up to give us all the amazing opportunities we had. I'm thankful that she realized the importance of family vacations once a year, holiday traditions, and teaching us to be each others biggest cheerleaders. I'm thankful for my sisters. Growing up with them was amazing fun and I'm grateful that we got to share so much.

-I'm thankful for Andy's parents who treat me as if I was their own kid. I'm grateful for his dad who really seems to 'get' me. I'm thankful for his mom and how I know I can call her any time, whenever I need to chat. I'm thankful that when I go to their home I feel just as comfortable and welcome as if I was at my mom's house. I'm grateful that they've welcomed me into their family with open arms and never once judged me. I'm thankful for Andy's brother's- Corey who is always willing to watch the animals when we go out of town and who puts up with Mauney's vendetta against him and tells me thank you when I make dinner and Bret for always being so nice to me whenever we are all together and thinking to personally invite me to the family camp out.

-I'm thankful for Heather, Andrea, Stephanie, Erin, and Dana who have proven to be true friends and have stuck by me and make an effort to keep in touch. I'm thankful for lunch dates and facebook messages and packages and phone calls that remind me what great friends I have.

-I'm thankful for the chance to finish school and for everyone's support and encouragement in accomplishing this goal.

-I'm thankful for a good job that challenges me and a boss who sees my potential and gives me the opportunity to learn more.

-I'm thankful for this blog that really allows me to be myself. I'm thankful for all of my bloggie friends who keep in touch and care what's going on in my life. I'm thankful for all of the other blogs that I read that inspire me and spur my creativity on a daily basis.

And I'm thankful to be moving into 2011 and starting new adventures. I wish you all the best this holiday season. May 2011 bring good things to you and yours. Much love.

xoxo-Kimberly

2 comments:

Heather

Oh I totally LOVE this! What a pretty picture and I love your list of things you're grateful for. The bit about Mauney and Corey seriously made me laugh. Awesome. You are so awesome and you're doing such great things. It's so great to see how you're growing and what's going on in your life. LOVE you bunches and I hope that one day we live much closer so we can hang out all the time. :) HUGS!!!

Andrea

That is a great post. Have a fabulous holiday week!

Post a Comment