Dec 5, 2010

Let Go

#Reverb December 5 – Let Go.

What (or whom) did you let go of this year?

FEAR

* Fear of the future
* Fear of the unknown
* Fear of making the wrong choices
* Fear of not being accepted
* Fear of making people angry at me or disappointed in me
* Fear of time
* Fear of losing people I love

Fear is such a crippling thing. I spent much of 2008 and 2009 afraid of nearly everything. I actually started dreaming about my fears so vividly that I would wake up feeling terrified to the point of tears. It was then that I realized I had to let go of them. I understood that I had spent way too many nights lying awake just worrying and being afraid about every little thing.

Fear was tearing me down and preventing me from enjoying life, moving on, taking chances, and accomplishing new things. I've worked very hard in 2010 to stop being afraid. Instead, I'm trusting in the natural ebb and flow of life. I'm making choices that I think are right for me, without second guessing myself. I'm trusting Andy that together we can figure anything out. I'm believing in myself and cultivating the fact that I deserve to be happy.

Most importantly, I'm accepting the fact that no matter what I do, things will go wrong once in awhile. I'm no longer afraid of that happening. I've just accepted it along with the realization that I'm strong enough to handle any bumps that I might come across.

xoxo-Kimberly

1 comments:

The Sydney Girl

such a *great* post!!! the power of now is definitely what you're talking about! accepting and enjoying the moment and not worrying about what *might* happen.

:)

Post a Comment