Feb 27, 2010

A little bit of interior design fun

Want to know what your design style is? Go take this fun quiz at Sproost and find out!!

They got me right on!
67% Rustic Revival
33% Country Chic

Oh yes! That's me, alright. I made Andy take the quiz too and guess what! His number one design style is Rustic Revival as well. Nice!

So what is Rustic Revival and Country Chic you ask?

Rustic Revival

"....you are one of the unique individuals who loves a mix of modern and country. The clean lines of the modern softened by rustic/vintage elements is the perfect mix in your mind... "

Here's some examples of Rustic Revival:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Country Chic

"...who says that cottages can't be modern and chic? Who says that they have to be floral and cheese? You love the carefree spirit that the cottage interior inspires, but you are also serious about your appreciation for modern art and hip treasures. You love old and new alike, and love to highlight them all to expose the uniqueness of each... "

Yes! Yes! That's a perfect description of my style.

Here's some examples of Country Chic:


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


This last picture is my absolute fav! I love the artwork on the wall and that coffee table is killer!

Photobucket


I love, love neutral backgrounds of tan, white, black and brown. However, I would make just one change to this room. I'd add a few colorful modern and quirky touches here and there. I like a splash of color that catches the eye.

Having a monochromatic palate to work with and then layering in small colorful elements is the smart way to go for me. That way, if I get tired of the color teal, I only have to worry about switching out couch pillows rather than repainting or redesigning an entire room.

You can even change your colorful elements to match with the seasons, adding bright yellows during the summer and subtle blue's in the fall.

So what colorful, modern and quirky touches would I add? Glad you asked. Here's some examples:


Photobucket


Items found at Z Gallerie, Hobby Lobby, Chiasso, Etsy

So head on over to
Sproost and discover your design style.

xoxo- Kimberly

0 comments:

Post a Comment