Oct 14, 2009

FB

My little cousin, Landree, is the cutest thing ever! She messaged me on Facebook today just to say 'Hi cousin!'

She wanted to know how old I am. When I told her 28, she said "WOW! That's old!" Ha ha!

I must seem ancient to her. I swear the last time I saw her she was only 3 or 4, and now she's 10, going on 11 soon.

It made me think of what a great thing FB can be for families who don't get to see each other that often. Landree and her family don't live near us and we miss seeing them a lot.

It's fun to be able to keep up with everyone through the internet and have such a convenient way to stay in touch with each other's lives.

I have several friends from high school that I thought I would never see again, but have been able to reconnect through FB. Sometimes my mom talks of her very best friends that after high school she never saw again and she often wonders how they are doing. How nice it would have been for her to have something like Facebook then.

I have a friend who says "Oh, that's so stupid. I would never get a Facebook and feed in to all that craze." And I just think how sad for her that she is missing out on the opportunity to keep in touch with so many good friends and family.

Anyway, that small little chat with my sweet cousin, totally made my day and I owe it all to FB for keeping us in touch.

3 comments:

Girl With The Golden Touch

My Mum and Dad do NOT get Facebook at all and it can be a bit of a pain at times but I think it is good for keeping in touch as you say and meeting old friends...and hey if there is anyone you don't want to see you can always block them!

xoxo

Jen

i had the same thing happen to me the other day, except that the person who messaged me was kris's son, josh. i didn't even think he knew who i was. it was good to hear from him and know that their family is doing good. :)

Kimberly & Andrew

Yea, I didn't know she really remembered me either! But Josh? Wow, I wouldn't think he'd know at all.

Post a Comment