Jun 23, 2009

Curb appeal, flower style...

Andy and I have been trying to spruce up the front yard. Here's what we've done so far. The picture quality is horrible but you get the idea.

I've always been a fan of the gorgeous varieties of Hostas and I had been telling Andy how badly I wanted a Hosta bed. Now I have one!! I can't wait until they get bigger. I'll have to tell you a funny story about planting these Hostas later.

I just love that I have these gorgeous flowers blooming right outside our front door. Makes me smile every day when I leave for school. When everything matures and spreads out a bit it will look even more fantastic. I know it doesn't look like much, but you should have seen it before. This was all the budget could handle this year, but I plan to add additional plants next year to really fill everything in.

The red lillies are my favorite. I used to have some of those flowers in my other garden and always thought they were so beautiful. I'd been looking for some and finally found these at Fred Meyer in salt lake.

Andy bought two of them for me and we got the yellow daisies for free. The yellow daisies aren't doing so well but I guess we can't complain since they were free. I also have a Coneflower which is not pictured here because it hasn't bloomed yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment